Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Thuernagle Reunion

This year we had the chance to stay at a cabin near West Yellowstone. It was so much fun! It makes Jon and I really want to have a cabin!! The first night there, Jon kicked up his feet and played the harmonica. It was nice to enjoy some R&R.The next day we went to Yellowstone. The wonders there keep amazing me more and more. I took some nature pictures and I posted them on my photography website.
http://www.explorephotographybymohna.com/search/label/Nature
What a crowd waiting for Old Faithful. I can't believe how much the tourism has exploded around Old Faithful! Andrew was done with me taking pictures but I thought his face was irresistible!
There she blows!
The next day we went to Hebgen Lake. The kids loved playing in the water. Caleb went out pretty far in a float tube to fish. Some of the others had fun fishing in the float tubes too.
The food we got to eat was amazing! I have to give all the credit to Oliver, Jon's brother, who planned it all, brought all of it, and prepared every meal with a little help from each family. (I don't think he minded too much...he loves what he brings as you can see!)
I was surprised how much the kids had fun with tye dying. Especially the older kids. They kept going and going until the colors were brown mush. We had some great patterns turn out.
The kids even made bandannas for the doggies. The dogs didn't seem to mind!


What a great reunion we had! I'm already looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

  1. Mohna, I love the pictures! :) It looks like you all had such a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete