Sunday, September 5, 2010

I tackled it!

This last Saturday I ran a half marathon and I can't believe I did it. I started my training back in May and have steadily increased my distance over the summer. And lo and behold I found I could do it. (With a few aches and pains along the way.) It was a little too warm for me on race day so my speed really wasn't there but I feel great in saying I accomplished this goal!
Here we are after finishing the big run! I'm standing next to Jon's sister Gretchen and 2 of her friends.

2 comments:

  1. I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!! I wish I could have been there to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Way to go you girls!! You give me inspiration to make that a goal too. It was sure fun spending time with you this summer and seeing your cute kids and catching up. Hope to keep in touch better :) We need to talk photography :) :)
    Hugs~ Julie

    ReplyDelete