Friday, September 16, 2011

The big flood in Inkom...in spring

Back in spring....(shows you how fast I am to post stuff!)...we had big flooding in our area from the snow melt. Luckily even with a river behind our house we were okay. The creeks and the rivers were maxed out! It was amazing to see that much water flowing! This picture really doesn't give the sight justice. This field has an old river bed running through it and you can't even see where it is. It was one big lake.

Photobucket

It was great to see how many birds discovered our little lake. There were so many birds enjoying the water. There was even this group of geese with babies. I spotted them when I drove by and quickly ran home for my camera. They were barely in sight when I got back so they are a little teeny in this picture (someday I would love to get a big zoom lens!)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment