Friday, February 8, 2013

The scariest thing ever!

On Wednesday, during the week at Tall Timbers (aka Family Camp, where Wood Badge, Cedar Badge is too) we got to have some family time and do some activities.  I have always wanted to try high cope and here was my chance.  Why we as people want to climb really tall poles and cross really wobbly stuff hanging over nothing is a wonder to me.  It is by far the scariest thing I've ever done!!  And you have to use kind of a different language while up there.  You have to ask the person directing things that sits in the middle at the top to do anything.  Cross over to another line.  To move across.  Everything.  And it's amazing that it's teenage boys that run it!  Wow!

Photobucket
Yeah...did not cross this line...spinning boards...no thanks
Photobucket
Climbing up....not too bad....didn't have to look down yet.
Photobucket
When I got to the top on the platform I had to sit there for a few minutes.  My heart was pounding!  I was so scared to move.  It is so high when you are up there.
Photobucket
Jon finally gave me the courage to just go.  I was gripping my bunny ears (the cords above my head secured to the wire) as tight as I possibly could.  
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
My face shows a little how scared I was.  Can you see my arms just locked tight?!
Photobucket
My Joshie watching me intently.  He wasn't ready to tackle the high cope just yet.  Caleb is a master at it, he has no fear.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The zip line down was a hoot!  
Photobucket
Jon was a natural.  If he was scared at all he didn't let on one bit.  He's done it before and knew what to expect.  Lots of years of scouting!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
After the high cope we wandered around and came across BB guns and archery.  The boys ate that up.  
Photobucket

Tall Timbers was the best thing for our family!  Jon's mom Ruth came and hung out with Joshua and Andrew at Family Camp and she really enjoyed herself.  We appreciated her help so much!  And Joshua and Andrew just loved their experience.  Everyday they did fun activities and we ate great.  We were able to eat all our meals together which was so nice.  We only were able to see Caleb once during the week, but I don't think he even noticed.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment