Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mom the Mighty Moose Hunter

I just had to brag about Jon's mom, Ruth, that got a huge bull moose today! Yup that's right she shot it! Very impressive I thought! We first saw a young bull moose and were very tempted to just get that one, but Daryl had heard about a bigger one up there so we trekked on and luckily we did because someday this big guy is going on a wall!
There were 5 of us that went Mom, Daryl, Jon, me, and Casey (Daryl's son). We had a good time! Jon and Casey kept us laughing all the time!

Yes...that's moose hair...we love it when Jon makes us laugh!
Jon, Daryl, and Casey were troopers and prepped the whole moose to pack out...it took a couple hours. 2 horses packed out that whole moose...we love those draft horses that mom and Daryl have!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, what I want to know, is did Jon gag/dry heave/vomit while he gutted the moose? You know exactly why I'm asking that! I'm laughing just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Mom! Way to go! Looks like a fun/cold trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Ruth!! That is a big guy. I'll have to let Josh know- he'll be jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything boys can do girls can do better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disgusting. But great shots! (photos I mean)

    ReplyDelete